Lifestyle Tips: 4 Easy Steps to Lose Weights

by - 12:42 AM


The same question poppin' out lately: "you've lost a significant weight! what did you do? tell me your secrets!". Well, i just lost 8 kilograms in total a couple month ago. No exercise (have to work on it).

I'm pretty proud of myself about this. Why should i? Because i didn't do any diet nor hired a Personal Trainer.

Back in the days, i used to be an athlete who had a routine. I should maintain my stamina, hence i maintain my daily "intake" properly. Plus, my dad hates junk food so much. He won't let me and my siblings eat more than one kind of junk food every two weeks.

When i started to work, i gained 6 kilos due to diet mess. I eat when i'm bored, when i'm stressed, basically every time (aren't we all?) and i eat all the carbs that i found: noodle, jasmine rice, sweet potato, potato in every way: mashed, fried and all that stuff.

But then i realized, i feel full. All the time. and i hate that feeling.

Not literally full because of eating, but i feel that my body absorbs massive intake, it makes me feel heavy and move slowly, and i became lazy because of it.

Then i came with an idea to do: "Food Combining". Food combining basically is more like differentiate your meals based on the character of each component. But as for me, since i don't really understand about the component in each meal, i'm rephrasing the definition of Food Combining to be more like = i can eat anything with less carbs in it, so i can have a better result for an ideal weight.

First thing first, i know i can't change my lifestyle in a day, so i started with:

1. Drink a glass of water right after i wake up

Girls, this is the secret of having good metabolism (at least for me) and to reduce body fat. Do it every day, before you do anything. If you don't believe me, check this article out : Killer morning habit

and don't forget, drink more in the middle of a day than in the evening because it leads to hormonal balance and help you lose your weight and stay hydrated. Just imagined a vehicle lack of oil, the same thing happens to your body as well if you don't drink enough water for the day.

2. Change my breakfast pack

I used to eat noodle, fried rice or nasi uduk in the morning, then i changed it into "oats and friends". I hate it at first, because i don't really like oats and those stuff. But then i came with the idea that i have to "play" with them.

So i bought two kinds of Muesli (My favorite is Kolln) : Yoghurt Strawberry & Oats and Chocolate Brittle. I used to mix both of it with Chia Seeds and Chocolate Milk served cold.

But honestly, i couldn't stand to eat this everyday so i challenged myself to eat this at least 3 up to 4 days in a week. I could go back to my old habit with arem-arem or nasi uduk for the rest of the days, but the trick is this:

Limit your portion. STOP when you feel you had enough

If you think that we shouldn't left the food over, separate it into half in the first place. You can eat the rest later, or share with your friends. You can love the food, but you need to love your body more.

3. Change the Jasmine Rice into Red, Brown or Black Rice

Moved to the next level: change my jasmine rice into red and (my favorite) black rice, combined.

We, as Indonesian, usually eat jasmine rice in every meal. If you can't leave it, then change it. red and black rice are complex carbohydrate. It'll helps you to fill your stomach longer.

4. Eat less for Dinner

Last thing : eat less for dinner. If you can't sleep when you're hungry, eat fruits and drink milk to help you. i'd prefer not to eat anything for dinner, but if you can't do it, then just replace it with anything but carbs.

You can go with fruits, milk, meat or anything, but not carbs. And try to eat maximum three hours before you sleep.

This is my kinda option if i think i'm going to starve at night, i'll go with a choice of Healthy Bowl. This one is Sweet Nuts from Beets and Bouts, SCBD, Jakarta.



Just remember these rules:
1. Eat less carbs
2. Limit your portion
3. Eat when you're hungry, STOP when you feel you had enough
4. You still can have any kind of snack, but with one condition: rules no. 2. I usually measure it with a small tea cup (especially for potato chips)
5. Love your body more than food
6. Do it step by step

If you can make those four points as your daily habit and follow the rules, hopefully you can maintain your proportional weight without having any exercise (*grin*)

One of my friend got her ideal weight in 55kg by doing these steps. How about you?

You May Also Like

0 comments