Melbourne Coffee Stop : St. Ali

by - 7:01 AM




Just flew to Melbourne for a short holiday a couple days ago, and i fell in love with this city already. Have a different ambiance from Sydney, Melbourne has its own charm to comfort me with their COFFEE! The culture to sit back, relax and drink your coffee seems affect me more than i thought.

To be honest, i think Oz need some effort to impress me at first. Sydney doesn't leave anything memorable, so i don't expect much from Melbourne. I flew here to watch Coldplay only, but then i think it's a good idea to extend for a few days just to see what people said as The Most Livable City in The World.

Then i asked my boss who had lived in this city back then, and she gave me a must-visit list (almost all of them were cafes haha)

I just got 4 days and 3 nights to stroll around. And there's a cafe, probably you've heard about it, called St. Ali, that stole my heart for the first time.

It's a bit hard to find this place unless you can spot the iconic little statue on its door with no sign at all. The white bricks building was confusing yet surprising me, knowing that this is once a garage.




 

Too bad i arrived two hours before they closed, so the hot kitchen closed already. But lucky me, i still can taste their coffee and delicious cruffin. YUM!

this is my first time being here, so i asked the waitress which coffee will suit me when i like coffee with milk and not-too-strong shot due to my acute gastritis.

She suggests a latte with God-only-knows-what-she-said-about-the-arabica-robusta-mixing haha. but i agreed right away. it's summer and i want to sip my coffee!

while she get me the latte, i move my ass to the counter and take a look at their cakes. Me and Rico got ourselves a cake, a Chocolate and Macadamia Cruffin for me, and i think it's a Walnut Tart for Rico.



and the first bite says enough about the cruffin. What a delish one! they've got a hidden coconut inside, so it feels like a twist hihi.

The walnut tart also taste good :D #nomnom

and the coffee finally arrived. Here's the moment of truth... *drumrolls*


i don't know if it's because of those arabica-robusta mix the waitress said earlier or i was just too tired and dehydrated, but the coffee tastes incredibly good! It doesn't have something special that you should look for, but by sipping their coffee, i know why they called themselves as a family. There's a thing that makes this coffee tastes like a home-made coffee with all the feelings in it.

and another thing that makes me happy:

the whole street in front of this cafe was so instagrammable! *wink*



so for you who intend to spend a couple hours to sit back and relax, you can head over to this place and have yourself a tasty coffee.

You May Also Like

0 comments